Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hafa Adai Amanda!

I have now made the journey over to Guam. It was long and exhausting and most of the time felt like it would never end, but it was well worth the wait to see Jack on the other end. It was quite a shock to walk out of the airport, I have never been so hot in my life. Okay, I might be exaggerating a little, but it was REALLY hot! I have now been here a week and am really enjoying myself. I haven't seen too much of the island yet, though. Memorial weekend was spent getting settled and going to bbq's with friends. We also shopped around for things we wanted to get for the house. So far we got some patio furniture and a new TV. I don't know how Jack suckered me into that one haha. I must admit that the new 52" is nice to watch though. On Memorial day we went to the beach for a little. Talk about sweating! And not like the Jersey Shore how you can go into the water to cool off, because the water is like bath water. Very interesting. This whole week while Jack has been at work I spent my time unpacking the rest of the boxes (yes, boxeS ploural) and cleaning all of the new stuff. It was quite some work to be done. This weekend we are going to celebrate our birthdays. Not sure what we have planned yet, but I think we are going to see some of the island and go out to dinner.

Saying bye at the airport :(



We finally got a picture my second day on Guam

This is the beach down the street from our house.


FYI- Hafa Adai means Hello in Chamorro

No comments:

Post a Comment